Pre-AppointmentPrior to having you lashes applied there are a few things you can do in preparation to ensure you get the most out of your allotted appointment time:
- Please remove all makeup, including foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, eye creams and eye serums.
- Clean lashes gently but thoroughly before you arrive to remove any residual oils or mascara.
- Shower and wash your hair before you arrive, (you will not be able to get them wet for 48 hours)
- Do not wear contacts to your appointment. Wear your glasses to your appointment instead.
- Do not curl your lashes on the day of your lash application.
- Do not apply heavy creams, lotions, or oils to your face within 48hours prior to your lash application.
- If for some reason you have had lashes removed (see repairs page) from a previous non Xtreme Lashes® application, wait 48 hours after lash removal prior to having your new set of Xtreme Lashes® applied.
- Do not receive chemical treatments to your lashes such as tinting and perming within 48 hours prior to your lash application appointment.
- Consult with your physician prior to your lash application appointment if you are pregnant, taking medication, suffer from any medical conditions or allergies, or recovering from any medical procedures.
- Remember: To maximize your time with your lash stylist, come to your appointment with clean eyes free of makeup!
How do I care for my new Xtreme Lashes?
You can enjoy your beautiful new lashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle.
During the first 48 hours, follow these guidelines:
- Avoid showering or exposing your Xtreme Lashes® Eyelash Extensions to water, heat, sauna, steam and friction. This allows adequate time for bonding. If you must shower, do not take a hot shower or get your lashes wet and limit your time in the shower, as hot steam will affect your lashes.
- Be gentle with your lashes, and avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Cosmetics can be applied immediately after. Skin care products shouldn't be applied for 3 hours.
- Cleanse your lashes and eyelids daily to maintain healthy and beautiful lashes and follicles. Use Xtreme Eye Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser and Lint Free Xtreme Applicators to gently remove eye makeup and mascara.
- Apply Xtreme Lashes® Protective Coating to your new lashes once or twice per week to preserve the look and extend the life of your Xtreme Lashes®. Brush on from the base up to the tips. The coating also gives the lashes a wonderful shine!
- Keep sauna, steam room and tanning visits to a minimum as the application of constant heat and moisture weakens the adhesive bond.
- Avoid using oil-based products on or near your eyelashes including but not limited to eye creams, eye serums, heavy oils and cleansers as these can come into contact with your lashes and dissolve the adhesive bond.
- Avoid using waterproof cosmetic products on or near your eyelashes. Use Xtreme Lashes® Glideliner Long Lasting Eye Pencil and Xtreme Lashes® Mascaras which have been developed to be compatible with Xtreme Lashes® Although mascara in not necessary with Xtreme Lashes®, Xtreme Lashes® Mascaras can be used sparingly, on the tips only, to achieve an even more dramatic look. You can also use Xtreme lashes® Mascaras on your lower lashes.
- Groom your lashes daily using the Xtreme Lashes® Deluxe Retractable Lash Styling Wand to style your Xtreme Lashes® Eyelash Extensions into place.
- Above all, be gentle! Do not pick or pull your new Xtreme Lashes®, be gentle when removing eye makeup, and refrain from excessively rubbing your eyes.
You can purchase specially formulated retail and after care products from Twin Cities Lashes.